Take me to the river

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Please! I am so ready for our river trip, I wish we were leaving tomorrow instead of Thursday. Last time I went to New Braunfels, we floated the Comal river. I've never done the 'Lupe, let alone on a holiday weekend, so this should be interesting.

I got a new desktop computer today. Yes, DESKtop, not laptop. We were trying to make a very old computer of Tom's work out, and it just couldn't keep up with my cutting edge technology (i.e., my Zune), so rather than put anymore money into that hunk of junk, I got a great deal on this Compaq with 500 GB hard drive, DVD writer, and USB slots galore. My laptop was brand new when I bought it, but this is the first brand new desktop I've ever had. It's so exciting! And I'm not sure what I'm going to do with 500 GB of space! So my moody Dell laptop is going to get lugged around campus yet another semester. Hey, if it works 50% of the time, that's 50% of my notes I don't have to hand write.

Vista is a bit baffling for me. I hate the new Office Suite, but I don't have that on this computer, just the ones at school. Vista, although I haven't found anything bad about it, is weird and new. There are things on my desktop that I didn't put there. And it's probably pretty easy to get them off, but I wonder why they're there in the first place. One is a clock...maybe because Microsoft wants to make sure my brain stays sharp enough to read a real clock as opposed to the digital one? Or on case I want to verify that one or the other is correct? Under that is a mini-slideshow. Since I haven't put any pictures on here, it's all the default Windows pictures playing in a mini-slideshow for my own personal...amusement? I am slightly amused by having a picture of someone else's cat on my PC...but I'm still not getting the "why" factor of that feature. Under that is something you ALL know I appreciate, and that is, a headline ticker. I know Angelina Jolie is in a French hospital probably about to have her babies without even TRYING to read the news!


Anyway, I should be too busy tomorrow for blogging, so happy Independence Day to everyone, and enjoy your long weekend!!

2 comments:

Lady Blachly said...

What the...?! LOL! Funny about Vista. We were pretty against it when we got our new laptop but honestly, there isn't really anything too bad about it. And hold on to your butt when you hit the Guadaloupe...the holiday weekends are by far the biggest party you've ever been to. If you're into that sorta thing, you'll love it!

Anonymous said...

Once you do the Guadalupe, you will never go back to the Comal unless the river is flooded. The Guadalupe is the mecca. We just came back from there on the weekend of June 21st. The river is running a little slow, but still good. We usually put in at Abbott's on the river and float to Little Ponderosa, but this year we only floated to Rio Raft which was about a four hour trip. Have a great time! Whit's BIL

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template