Great week

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

South Beach is awesome. I put on a pair of jeans today that I could get on before but couldn't button. They're still a little on the painted-on side, but there was minimal gut overhang. :-D Tom's clothes are all loose too.

I started my new job Monday and I love it. Research assistant. Cool huh? I also got a very official sounding firstname.lastname@unt.edu email address. Exciting. Not to mention I'm doing awesome, relavent (sp?) work. I spent Monday working on some handouts that my professor/boss-lady will take to a poster presentation. Today, I got to review some grant proposals. It's too cool! I read each part and give it a rating based on whether I think it should be funded. It's great to see what all goes in to those proposals.

Update on our house repairs. Sunday afternoon, an angel appeareth in our doorway and said, "Is Tom home?" It was my father-in-law, Don. No Don, Tom's stranded in the middle of the lake, and our AC is out. I explained what happened and he knew exactly what was wrong just by my description. He got the AC running for the rest of the 105 degree afternoon and evening, and the AC guy replaced the broken part the next day. It was heavenly.

Tom got off the lake no problem. As soon as he called the tow people, he figured out what was wrong. LOL And he called the city about the code violations. They were so nice. They gave him a 30 day extension and explained to him how to work around the code and keep a car in the backyard like the good self-respecting rednecks we are.

What really blows is this. Our carpet was slightly bleached by the water from the overflowed toilet. *sigh*

And I wasn't sure it was going to happen, but Danyelle and Reade are indeed camping with us at Ray Roberts next weekend. Luckily for them, they've started the South Beach diet too, so they won't be too freaked out by our low-carb ways. Luckily for us, Tom and I will have been on it for 3 weeks and transitioned into the not-so-strict phase, so I will be sippin' on some wine.

2 comments:

Lady Blachly said...

Dang, love those handy FILs. And fathers.

LOL at Danyelle and Reed not drinking. I don't think they can do it. Keep us posted.

Lady Blachly said...

Ahem, um, "Reade". Ooops.

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template