My weekend

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Friday after class, I headed to my Grandma's house for a visit. This seemed to be the last weekend that would really work out because I have a lot coming up. We had a great visit. We went to Bealls, then Wal-Mart later. I met that guy that's been trying to get with her for a couple years Buzz. He is fishy...he was nice enough and I'm glad he comes to visit her, but no means no, and he needs to quit trying to get her to live with him or marry him. He wants to meet family members so we can try to convince her that he is OK. I think it's rude for him to keep trying to chip away at her resolve.

I came home, took a shower, and waited a few minutes on Tom. He brought me red roses and a card. I did more than usual since he bought me that awesome camera a couple weeks ago. He got a book about physics (I would explain more if I understood...but it is over my head), John McCain's "Faith of my Fathers", the book about his time as a POW, and the Xbox 360 game Left4Dead, with zombies. I don't like zombies, but I knew he really wanted that game, so I got it. My grandma got him funny boxers - one with Homer Simpson and with Batman. LOL! He loved them. I guess she is officially his grandma now that she bought him underwear. She seems to really like Tom (everyone does) and I am really grateful that he gets along well with my favorite family members.

We went to Alfornos in Flower Mound and it was pretty good. We had a bottle of chianti, crab cakes for an appetizer, and a salad. I got the osso bucco, and still have a lot of leftovers for lunch. I can't wait. It was a veal shank, basically like a roasted veal butt, really tender, cooked up with a great sauce with carrots, onions, celery, etc, served over pasta with sauteed broccoli and asparagus on the side. Tom got a seafood pasta dish and asked me to remind him not to order seafood in the future unless he's on the coast. He was pretty jealous of mine. LOL We got dessert to go, 2 orders of tiramisu, stopped at Tom Thumb for champagne, picked up some Valentine's treats for the pets, and watched The Princess Bride. We had a nice time.

Today we slept in til 9, he made coffee (really, the ultimate luxury to me is having someone else make coffee), and now a couple of his friends are over to play the new video game. I wanted a shower, but figured I should do the 30 Day Shred video beforehand. Again, it was a great workout but totally easy to make it through because of the way it's set up. I think it will be easy for me to set aside 20 minutes to do this regularly. I felt fine, but now that I am out of the shower, I wonder if working out with a stomach full of coffee the day after after sharing a bottle of wine and champagne was a good idea. I am not feeling so hot now. Oh well. Gotta sweat it out. LOL

So, now it's time to get some school work done. Got steaks out thawing, need to make a grocery list for tomorrow, but mostly, I am just going to sit here in bed or my office and get stuff done! I have 2 tests this week.

0 comments:

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template