Another day

Monday, February 16, 2009

Today was my 3rd day on the 30 day shred. Technically, I started Thursday, then again yesterday since I visited my grandma this weekend. But anyway. It is so fast! Seriously, anyone can do it.

It was harder today in some ways. I noticed I could do more pushups. Modified pushups, mind you (you know, from the knee instead of the toe), but I got a lot more done today than yesterday. Had a hard time with all the lunges, though. My legs are jelly. They have been sore, especially my calves. The first day, it was all these weird muscles around my knee I didn't know I had and couldn't figure out how to stretch. At least I know how to stretch a calf muscle.

(Edit 1 hour later: my calves hurt BAD. OMG. Edit Tuesday morning: I spent every spare moment last night stretching my poor legs, and they feel better today. A little stiff but no pain)

I made my own peanut butter today. 2 cups unsalted roasted peanuts, 1 tbsp peanut oil, and 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste, or use salted peanuts) all in the food processor for 2-3 minutes. It's yummy.

I got done with a lot of my list today. The big items are still there, but the small ones are done. Life will be easier with that nitpicky stuff out of the way. Tonight we are having whole wheat spaghetti. Yummo.

Have a good night!

1 comments:

Tammy Benson-O'Brien said...

I never even thought of making my own peanut butter. Was yours chunkie? I like creamy but I bet I could just keep the processor going till it was as creamy as I like it.

Good idea!

How was the cleaning job??? Did it take forever to clean the processor?

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template