In memory

Saturday, January 3, 2009

It's been a really busy day. We are getting our new bedroom furniture delivered tomorrow, so I painted and cleaned all day. The new color is nice! Will take pics after the room is ready.

But I wanted to check in, in memory of my sister Brandi who died in a car accident 11 years ago today. Someone crossed over the median on eastbound hwy 80 close to the intersection with 635, hit her head on, and they both died. Every year on the 3rd, I'm tempted to "relive" the night in my head, but it was a terrible time, and I don't really see the good in taking time to remember all that happened. My biggest loss was not getting to have a relationship with Brandi as adults. I cherish what I have with Danyelle and wish I could've had that with Brandi. She was a great big sister though.

So here is my annual public service announcement: You don't have to be drunk to be a bad driver. Drunk driving gets a lot of attention, but that is just ONE kind of idiotic driving. The guy who killed Brandi wasn't drinking. Sober people drive dangerously, too. You have to pay attention and be careful no matter what condition you're in.

2 comments:

Elementary Counselor said...

I'm so sorry Amber. =(

Tammy Benson-O'Brien said...

Wow, was it 11 years ago? I miss her too.

I never drive thru that area that I don't think of her & all of you :0) I love ya girl!

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template