Time flies when you're having fun...

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tomorrow: Work in the morning, turn in timesheet, pick up travel insurance card, meeting Jessica for lunch, doing some Spain shopping in Frisco.
Thursday: Work
Friday: Parents coming to visit
Saturday: Lake Dallas 4th of July festival thing (and I have a harebrained scheme for that day, but I'm not going to talk about it until it's over...LOL)
Sunday: The day o' rest (and maybe more shopping!)
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday: Leaving

Ahhh, I am getting kinda wound up about this trip, starting to feel nervous about having everything I need and (most importantly), remembering to bring it. What do I REALLY need though? Underwear, deodorant, hairbrush, makeup, and toothbrush. My glasses. Clothes for the conference, clothes for the rest of the time, a ball cap, a swim suit, and a beach towel. Speaking of the beach, I need to bring a razor. A book or two. A small notepad & a pen. My flash drive. My passport, my debit card, a credit card. Electronics: straightening iron, laptop, camera, cell phone, and chargers. If I have those essentials, I'll be fine. What is the big deal???? I think I'm worried that I won't have enough stuff for 10 days. That's ridiculous... I'll feel better if I get my bag out and start throwing stuff in it. Poor Rebekah - I foresee more than 1 phone call next week along the lines of, "WHAT am I forgetting???" But she won't mind, because we're rooming together and if I forget something, she'll be the first person I whine to. LOL

Non-essentials: an extra bag for souveniers. Protein bars - I have never regretted packing protein bars. A water bottle? Vitamins. Hair thingies. My own soap/shampoo/hair goo. A neck pillow for the plane. Electronics: my MP3 player, but that's an extra charger, ear phones, everything. Eh... See THIS is the stuff I stress over, not the essentials.

Whoa, I am forgetting to share big news here! Tom's last day of speech therapy is Thursday. :-) He will still go to physical therapy, but isn't that GREAT?? It's kinda like graduating. Go Tom!

3 comments:

Lady Blachly said...

Go Tom! That is exciting! You're trip is going to be really cool. The only thing I can think of is whether or not Spain has the same power outlet plugs as us for electronics. I know exactly what you mean tho, I think anyone stresses out about packing for long trips like that!

Adam Hensen said...

pack light on the clothes, you can wash them at your hotel. By packing 3 or 4 days worth of clothes you free up enough space for everything else you need!
what do you do? what conference are you attending?

Tammy Benson-O'Brien said...

Yeah for Tom! I am getting so excited for your trip too! You'd think I had figured out a way to sneak in your suitcase without my 2 monkeys screaming "Mommy!"

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template