Long awaited pictures

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's been FOREVER since I posted pictures. And these are just from this weekend. I still have spring break stuff. Oh well!

Saturday, we woke up and headed to the Denton Airshow. It was pretty awesome. I can't wait to go to the big one at Alliance, now. :-)



The Coast Guard showed off their helicopter.


Neat spiraly smoke from an aerobatic plane.


Cool old planes.





Tom's favorite one.


Tom watching - what are we going to do with that fuzzy head? I am not sure whether to keep growing it out or cut it shorter!


More old planes.



Another spiraly smoke thing.

The FA-18 - that thing was loud and SWEET!

I got the worst sunburn I've had since 6th grade at that airshow. It's on my shoulders. Ugh!! Oh well, better to get it over with here than in Spain.
At home, we played Xbox and I got a rare good picture of Puddin'.


Sunday, we went to my parents' house for father's day. We all pitched in and got him an RC plane. I hope he likes flying it!



My niece Miranda. I brought her home with us that day, and we're taking her back home this afternoon. Look how sweet she is! She's 10, I know that any day now she'll switch from kid to teenager, and I'm trying to get in all the "sweet" time I can.


We got up the next morning and drove to Oklahoma to visit Arbuckle Wilderness. Look at this sweet llama or alpaca or whatever!


The emus were HILARIOUS. They would come right up to the window, and it was scary thinking they could snap your finger off.



Ha! I love birds!




This deer/cow mix was more interested in chewing cud than coming up to the truck.




Look at the sweet innocent camels.


NOT! They were the pushiest animals out there! They were not content to sit by your window waiting for food. They would get IN the truck and take whatever they could get. So, we put up the windows.



The look on her face is priceless.



He kept following the truck even after we drove off!


These kids are hanging out the truck approaching the camels. We were shaking our heads at how dumb that was. Then they got closer to the camels and started screaming, got back in the truck and rolled up the windows. Haha!


Awwww, cute mini donkeys!


Not so cute begging for food, huh??


I thought this animal was really pretty.



Tom loved the buffalo. Made him hungry.



Aaaahhh, the emu returns!


ZEBRAS!




GIRAFFES!


One of those giraffes was drooling so much we rolled up the window. Ew.

Strange animals we saw at Arbuckle wilderness.









And that was that! It was stinkin' hot, and we made it home by 2:30pm. I thought it was a lot of fun. Today, we are going swimming before we take Miranda home. :-)

2 comments:

Adam Hensen said...

i would not have been able to be at the air show without yelling
"B-52 Cadillac of the sky!"
as loud as I can.

Tammy Benson-O'Brien said...

Miranda said she had the best time with you all. I asked which animal was her favorite & she couldn't choose. She did mention the "weird slobbery giraffe" and the "crazy emus" I must say that those mini donkeys are quite frightening - good thing they're small!!!!

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template