Another day, another diet

Sunday, June 7, 2009

The impending trip to Spain really got me motivated on these extra 10 lbs. I was doing great by working out until I hurt my knee one day a couple weeks ago. Hurt isn't the right word - it didn't really hurt. But I did something to it that made it feel wrong to use. I guess I strained it or popped it or something. It is still goofy feeling but I think I can work out again this week, although I might have to stick with upper body stuff.


Anyway, thanks again to Heather who is constantly, inadvertently putting ideas in my head via blog, I started the "Special K Diet" last Wednesday, and I have to say, I am very happy with it so far. I have cereal for breakfast, a snack bar or some fruit at 10 (if I think about it), and a meal bar for lunch. I was mostly worried about the meal bar for lunch, but so far, it hasn't been an issue. We haven't had dinner much later than 6pm since I started since I'm so hungry by dinnertime, and that's a good thing since you aren't supposed to eat right before bed anyway.

Another thing I know helps is staying hydrated. I like buying big bottles of water because I will drink more water that way, but I hated buying bottles of water because we have really good tap water here. I found a 2.2 L jug at Walmart that I have been using daily for a couple weeks. I drink 2ish a day, which is about right considering the coffee I drink in the mornings (have to compensate). I like it! It's so easy to drink enough water this way.

So the thing with Special K is, you eat so little (500-600 calories) during the day that you don't have to worry much about what you're eating at night as long as you don't seriously overeat. I've been eating right at 1200 calories each day since I started, even with some wine the last couple of days.


I think this will be a quick way to drop a few more pounds before the trip. And the best part is, it requires next to 0 effort and it's inexpensive.

3 comments:

Elementary Counselor said...

Yay!!!
I have been doing the old fashioned working out everyday and eating 6 small meals a day, 1 small sweet or less, and I have seen significant results in my well-being. lol. I may try the Special K, just to get a boost, bc I am SO CLOSE but so far from where I want to be.
I am glad it is working for you, and thanks for motivating me even further.

Lady Blachly said...

Yea, man...it's all about cutting out those calories. And fruit and veggies. That's the only thing that keeps me hanging on b/c otherwise I'd be too hungry. Which website do you get your calorie counter chart there?

Tammy Benson-O'Brien said...

you go girl! Spain here you come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template