Austin

Friday, September 26, 2008

I am watching Sweet Home Alabama, and it reminded me that I saw it in Austin with a guy I was friends with who obviously wanted more from me. LOL Pretty sure he paid for the movie ticket too! haha

Sometimes it's like Austin never happened. I have some really good memories from living there, but I wish I could go do it now that I'm older. I mean, how much fun can Austin be at 18? I think I maxed out on 18-year-old fun that year and ended up with a bunch of hooey. What a crazy time. If I had to sum up my Austin experience, I guess I'd say it was one of the first times I was at the bottom of the barrel. In NROTC, I was one of the worst in the bunch. I hated the physical part of it, I didn't want to do the rest of it, and the combination of sucking at ROTC, struggling with my first year of college, and working to pay all my bills was too much. So my overall memory of Austin is negative, but there were a ton of good things that happened there. I dunno, I guess it's just funny how it's almost like that whole 9 months never happened except when it comes up through a random memory, like watching this movie. Surely my time there had some kind of impact on my life, but I'm not sure what!

Soooo, tomorrow I'm gonna work in my garden and do some homework. Then we're meeting my old boss and her hubbie for dinner. I'm looking forward to seeing them, but we are going to try not to drink too much. That hubbie is an enabler. He will order another round when you've just taken the first drink of the last round. He KILLS me. The worst "mornings after" of my life were largely his fault. I miss my old boss and I'm looking forward to spending some time with her. She's me in 20 years. Meaning she's badass and amazing. LOL

Anyway, have a great weekend folks!

0 comments:

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template