Grapefest

Saturday, September 13, 2008

I call the weekend a success. Everyone arrived at about 7pm and we made it to Grapefest at 8pm after a harrowing drive with my sister. :-O The line to get in was pretty long, and Grapefest was SO crowded. I guess everyone had the same idea we did - go Friday since Saturday was going to be all Ike-ish. I ran into some of my favorite winos from my old job. We walked around a bit, found a place to buy wine, and God bless Toni (or is it Tony?) for waiting in line for us both times. We ate, rode some midway rides, and generally acted a-fool.

Us on the chopper - Toni, me, Danyelle, and Jannelle


Us in Devine Wines


The cool glasses we bought





The moment of glory. Toni mounting the buck then us running off as the cop came over.


I should acknowledge Tammy's moment of glory too, mounting whatever the heck this animal is.


We capped off the evening with IHOP and headed home for a little hurricane news and winding down. A couple pots of coffee and my blueberry zucchini muffins were a nice way to wake up this morning. The muffins turned out really well! I might try to go 100% splenda next time...

It feels so much like a Sunday, so I don't know what I'm going to do with myself tomorrow! Buy groceries, yes, but dang, the house is clean, so I guess I'll just do homework. Lucky me!

0 comments:

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template