Day to Day

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Yesterday, I went to school, came home at noon, then went back at 1 for a massage. It was great. Then I worked out at home and made myself sore, so I guess that was kinda stupid. I hated leaving Tom alone, though. It was the first time. I'm not concerned for his safety, just his mood. Sitting around alone bored isn't what I think he needs right now. I may skip class tomorrow. I haven't decided...since Clint got his new job, he's off weekends, and Amanda moved to Forney this week, so she isn't so closeby. Otherwise, I'd just ask her to come up tomorrow...

Today, I slept til about 8:30, had yogurt and coffee, and got to work. I had a lot of grading to do for work. It took all day, and it is the first time I have worked an entire day since the accident. It feels like a big milestone to me, because it's hard to concentrate right now.

Tom spent a lot of time doing homework today. He went to visit with our neighbor for about 2 hours who had a TBI about 20 years ago. He enjoyed getting out of the house. We did some physical therapy when he got home. While he was gone, I started a load of laundry, dishes, and mopped the kitchen floor. I also started cooking this chicken. It smells pretty good. Gonna have mashed potatoes and a chopped salad with it.

Tom used the internet thesaurus for some of his homework today, then he started surfing the web for a bit on his favorite websites. He said, "I just don't have any use for the internet anymore!" Wow! Wonder when/if the addiction will come back.

Now we're watching a little TV getting ready for the Biggest Loser to start at 7. :-) Not a bad day for sure.

2 comments:

Elementary Counselor said...

If you want to skip tomorrow, I understand. I'll send you everything you need. :)

Tammy Benson-O'Brien said...

Glad to hear you got that massage! Can you make that a regular habit???? You deserve it!

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template