Sunday morning blog

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Well, I have been fighting this allergy stuff for a couple of weeks and it has been NO fun. Finally, I I resigned myself to my snotty, eye running fate, and I have been feeling better all week! I attributed it to my new antihistamine eye drops, my 24 hour zyrtec, and good ol' time. Yesterday, my throat started hurting a little but got much worse REALLY fast, like by the time I got home from watching the fights at Danyelle's house, I was achy and pretty sure I was dying. Took some ibuprofen, slept pretty good, feel awful this morning. Fever and sore throat with occasional coughing attack. And naturally, it's the worst timing ever. My niece and nephew have their joint birthday party today, next week is a big week at work with a grant due on Thursday, and I have a TON of grading to do (which I will try to tackle today from bed!)

But alas, I'm going to the doctor tomorrow, and I guess I'll try a new family doctor. I haven't picked one out - been going to the health center at school when I'm sick ever since I've been at UNT, but I want to pick one of the family doctors here in Corinth or Lake Dallas. Plus, I'm a little leery of the health center ever since they diagnosed me with flu last March and gave me antibiotics.

We went to St. Louis last weekend for the NAGC Conference. I had a wonderful time! I enjoyed the conference, my presentation Saturday morning was really good, and Tom and I got to see some of the sights and eat some really good barbecue. Here are a few of the highlights:

From outside our hotel, we had a good view of the courthouse and the Arch.


We went to the St. Louis zoo one evening - here are the tigers.


Here's a big ol' grizzly bear.


To get to the top of the arch, you have to get into this little pod elevator that supposedly holds 5 people.


One view from the arch, overlooking the park below. :-)


My favorite thing about St. Louis was Forest Park. I guess it was like NYC's Central Park, although I have never been! Forest Park had a free art museum, history museum, science center, and zoo, among several other things. We got to peek inside the history museum and spend a little time at the zoo, but we could've spent a few days just exploring the museums. I think St. Louis would be a great place for a family vacation. We used their rail system to get around town with no problem.

Coming up after I get better is THANKSGIVING next week! I can't believe it. Then, another conference the following week, this time in Houston. We're doing some work around the house this week and next weekend, too. Everyone, have a great week!

1 comments:

Tammy Benson-O'Brien said...

very cool. I definately need to visit St Louis - I also need to stay at that hotel - the pic of the courthouse is awesome. I'm a sucker for a court house - call me crazy!

Missed you today @ the shin dig. I went and spread all my germs around so I took care of that for ya! :0) Hope you feel better soon!

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template