Hanging out in Central Park.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

In Frisco, of course!

Well, Team TnA are having some new portraits done at the end of the month with my friend Jessica's husband, Colton @ http://www.sixfourteenphotography.com/. He started getting serious about his photography this year, and it didn't take him long to book up every weekend for the rest of the year. He does a great job. Jessica and I are getting some graduation pictures done later this month, too, and that should be a lot of fun! Tom and I are going to take Sasha (and a lot of doggie treats) with us on our shoot and hopefully get a good "family" shot.

So, we scouted out two possible locations yesterday in Frisco. First one was the Commons park. It was kinda cool. All the structures seemed whatasized, but the trees were new and miniature. Eh.



This dead tarantula should have been our first sign that this wasn't the place for us.


They do have this little pond with fountains.


This is an armed forces memorial.


Hi Tom!


I did like the greenery here. But, this park felt so new and McMansiony. Nice but not for us.


So we headed to Central Park, which is very close to Stonebriar mall. Tom is all serious about reading the history.


Here are a couple of fountains and some bronze art stuff that depicts cattle drives.


But that's not all - here are a ton of bronze statues. LOL


Bustin' out! Longhorns gone wild! hahaha



That's a nice park bench area. I hope the trees look more like fall by the time we do this. I like the light poles, too.


Stairs...


Waterfall thingie.


But this is what sold me. Pretty willow trees.


Cute bridge.


So, Central Park it is!

Also went to half price books - the Frisco location is really nice! I found four books, but not the one I went in there for, of course. It's almost not worth it, driving around in Frisco. Everything is so dense, and the traffic stinks. Trying to find stores there is a nightmare. You'll see the sign, but have to drive really far into the shopping area before you see the store. I guess you could get used to it, but we don't go often enough. Bleh!

2 comments:

Tammy Benson-O'Brien said...

I can't wait to see the pictures! What's this though about a "family" picture without the cats????? Don't make the cats 2nd class citizens! Take them too!!!!! bahahahahahaha!

Lady Blachly said...

Funny, I feel the same way about shopping up there. Once you know the layout of everything I guess it's ok, cause they have everything under the sun and it's like one stop shopping. Well kinda one stop shop, as long as getting back in the car and driving to the next center counts as one stop. Anyway, I digress...I love that statue of the cows bustin' through the wall. I laughed! And I agree, that willow tree/pond spot is perfect. Would have sold me too.

 
Bloggerized by Blogger Template